Land Agents' Schedule and Summary of Procedures
Timetable (all times Eastern Standard Time)
- January 1
- Group registration site opens
- June 1
- Land agents should verify all pre-registered campers with their group to find/fix errors and/or omissions
- June 23
- Final date to access/update information on the Group Land Registration Page
- July 7
- Land assignments are sent to Land Agents
- July 7 - 26
- Land Agents negotiate group placement on their assigned block
- Fri., July 25 (noon)
- Troll opens
- Land Agents start checking in with the Land Office (in the Great Hall on N01) to pick up land packets
- Land Agents may finalize block negotiations with other Land Agents from their assigned block
- Sat., July 26 (6 am - 8:45 am)
- Land Office open for LATE ARRIVAL Land Agents to pick-up land packets.
- Land Agents from same block assemble together so they can go through the Land Office process as a group.
- Sat., July 26 (9 am)
- All Land Agents who have checked in by 8:45 am must be at the Great Hall.
- Assembled groups of Land Agents from same block line up at the Land Office.
- Sat., July 26 (10 am)
- Blocks with unsettled negotiations are seen by Land Office staff for dispute resolution.
- Sun., July 27 (9 am)
- Land distribution for those groups not pre-registered, and single campers
Land Agent Procedure Summary
- Read all information on the Land pages, and look closely at the maps since the blocks
may have changed from last year.
- Register your group.
- The Land Office will e-mail Land Agents their block assignments on July 7.
If you do not receive a notice by then, contact Land Staff.
- Once you get your block assignment, contact the other Land Agents also assigned to your block.
Try to work out which area of the block each group will camp in prior to arrival at Pennsic. This
has worked well in the past and saves everyone time on Land Grab day.
- Troll opens on Friday, July 25th at 12 noon.
No one will be allowed onto the battlefield or into the campground without going through
Troll first. Do not arrive
prior to noon; the staff will not be ready for you.
- After checking in at Troll, Land Agents walk to the Land Office (in the Great Hall) to get your land packets.
These will contain maps and any final instructions for completing the land process. Once you have your packet,
you can look at your land and talk to the Land Agents from your block. The Land Office will be open Friday,
July 25 from noon until 11:45 pm and on Saturday, July 26 from 6:00 am-8:45 am. You must check in with Troll
and the Land Office by 8:45 am on Saturday.
- You will be allowed to camp Friday night on the-battlefield / parking lot.
NO camping will be allowed inside the campground, except for staff members.
- All Land Agents must sign one block map indicating where their group is camping. You will also be required, if so noted on your block assignment email, to set aside unallocated land in your block for single campers. Single camper space must be clearly shown on the map. Single campers must have clear access to a main road. Registered groups may not save single camper space for people arriving at a later date.
If you cannot come to an agreement on group placement on your block, submit your block to Land Staff for binding
- Your final approved map will be used for: informational purposes; to resolve disputes; and by the Public Safety department.
- Once the block map has been approved, you and all your party who have gone
through Troll will receive authorization to drive into the campground.
- Rope off the perimeter of your land allocation and post your camping authorization form at the entrance in
a waterproof container. Note: It is important that you rope off your encampment as it makes it easier for
single campers to find unused land left in a block.
- Once all this is finished, set up your camp and enjoy Pennsic!
Pennsic War is an annual event between the East and Middle Kingdoms of the
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc
and is hosted by the Kingdom of Æthelmearc
at Coopers' Lake Campground
Webhosting services are generously donated by Panix.com
(Public Access Networks Corporation).
The Pennsic War event staff thank Panix for their continued support of the SCA and the Pennsic War.
www.pennsicwar.org is the recognized web site for the Pennsic War of
the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., and is maintained by Erik the Swede
land.pennsicwar.org is maintained by Corwyn Ravenwing
This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents.
Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site
and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be
decided in favor of the printed version. For information on using photographs,
articles, or artwork from this web site, please
contact the Webminister,
who will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece.
Please respect the legal rights of our contributors.
Copyright © 2014 Pennsic War.
The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.
The photo on this page is used by permission of Thorolfr inn smithr.