General Land Rules, Procedures, and Notes for
Individuals, Groups, Royal Encampments
- Every person who pre-registers for Pennsic will have
250 square feet assigned to his/her designated group.
- If you will not be camping with a group, please see the
Information for Single Campers.
- All those who wish to camp in the designated Handicapped Camping area must
register with Cooper's Lake Campground
by June 9th, and also with the
Disabilities Camping Coordinator at email address firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3rd.
- Those who are considering use of an RV must contact the Cooper's Lake Campground directly as the Land Office does not coordinate RV camping.
- Everyone who pays a registration fee is allowed 250 square feet.
- Safety concerns: In the unlikely event that a camper ultimately needs to camp in an area other than with the group they have pre-registered with, you must inform troll so that your new location is accurately recorded. This will assure that your accurate location is available in the event of an emergency.
- For space concerns: Campers are expected to be camped with the group they indicated with their pre-registration; not with another group or in single camper space. In the event that single camper space is limited, pre-registered group campers will not be allowed to camp in single camper spaces.
Groups / Land Agents
- Groups must decide on ONE group name. (Please note that "Brotherhood of the Blade" and "Blade Brotherhood" would be regarded as two different group names.)
- Each group must have a Land Agent. Please see A Handbook for Pennsic Land Agents for information on being a Land Agent.
- Land Agents must have an e-mail account and Internet access. E-mail assures that all Land Agents on an assigned block can contact each other easily.
- Land Agent contact information will not be posted to any public forum, but will be given to the other Land Agents in their assigned block and to members of the Pennsic staff if needed.
- All Land Agents will be expected and required to negotiate in good faith with the other Land Agents on their assigned block, via e-mail/the lnternet prior to arrival at Pennsic.
- Should a block reach maximum capacity, groups will have the option to "voluntarily reduce the size" of their land allotment in an effort to not be moved from their traditional land blocks. There is no guarantee that this reduction will put you in the block you want, but every effort will be taken to do this.
- All groups must have a Land Agent in residence for the entire Pennsic event to:
- Negotiate for Land
- Rope off the entire encampment perimeter
- Be available to discuss issues, situations, and other land-related issues
with the Land Staff.
Land that is not roped off or is unattended will be considered abandoned. No "ghost
camps" will be allowed. In the case of an emergency that would leave the camp unattended, contact the Land Office.
- As always, the final placement of any and all land groups is at the sole discretion
of the Land Office.
In an effort to standardize, it is heavily suggested that all Royal Encampment Land Agents
register their group as "Kingdom of ______" (e.g.: Kingdom of the East,
Kingdom of Atlantia, etc.) This makes it easier to find them on an alphabetized list.
People who will be camping in a Royal Encampment must use the official registered group name on their Individual pre-registration forms, under "Group Camping With."
Kingdoms may also register a populace/subject group in addition to the official Kingdom encampment. These encampments are listed as "Populace of _________" (e.g.: Populace of Calontir).
Royal Land Agents can e-mail the Royalty Liaison for help.
If you have any other questions, contact the
Pennsic War is an annual event between the East and Middle Kingdoms of the
Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc
and is hosted by the Kingdom of Æthelmearc
at Coopers' Lake Campground
Webhosting services are generously donated by Panix.com
(Public Access Networks Corporation).
The Pennsic War event staff thank Panix for their continued support of the SCA and the Pennsic War.
land.pennsicwar.org is maintained by Corwyn Ravenwing
www.pennsicwar.org is the recognized web site for the Pennsic War of
the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., and is maintained by Jessa d'Avondale
This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents.
Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site
and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be
decided in favor of the printed version. For information on using photographs,
articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister,
who will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece.
Please respect the legal rights of our contributors.
Copyright © 2017 Pennsic War.
The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.
The photo on this page is used by permission of Thorolfr inn smithr.